Friday, January 8, 2010

Photography Goals For 2010, Nikon MB-D10: Initial Impressions

For the last few days, or in reality, few months, I have been thinking about where I want to go, professionally, with my photography. I've had numerous ideas of what I would like to do, and so I thought I would share a few of them as I look forward to what I am going to do this year. Also in todays post, my impressions of the MB-D10 battery grip for the D300/D700, when used with the D300.

Photographic Goals for 2010


1. Start Writing a books on wildlife photography in Southern British Columbia, and Parks in the same area. These projects are large scale, and would be something that I would start on this year. My goal is to have sell an eBook based on my photographic experiences over the course of 2010/2011 in various parks in Southern BC. The books would focus on areas that are great for landscape and wildlife photography in parks and other areas in the region.
2. As part of the first goal, I am going to visit as many Provincial Parks in Southern BC as I can during the next year, although I suspect this may spill into a multi-year project.
3. Use the time spent in parks and writing the book as prep time for starting a business of being a photographic guide through BC Parks in the southern part of the Province.

Those goals are just broad ideas for the time being, and I am hoping to brake down the goals to obtainable levels within the next few weeks. I most likely will not be sharing the final goals, after all, what fun would reading the book be if you knew everything I was planning to do?

Nikon MB-D10 Battery Grip: Initial Impressions:
I picked up my MB-D10 from the post office this morning, and I have to say I'm liking it. The build quality is a big step up from the MB-D80, that I used with the D80 last year. When I got the D300 last September I could not afford to get the MB-D10 with the body, so for the last few months I've really been missing the vertical shutter release! In some ways I like the grip on the MB-D10 more than that of the D300 itself! That being said, I'll be posting a updated review of the D300, to include the MB-D10 after I've had some time to use it in practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment