Tuesday, June 22, 2010

First vacation of the year

Last weekend (June 19/20) I was able to go on my first camping trip of the year, which was enjoyable and relaxing. Getting away from the hustle and bustle of city life is great, and this time was no exception. The other great part about traveling is new things to photograph! During the first day of the weekend I went for a short hike with some family members, and today's first photo is just one of the images I was able to capture.

A View of Nicola Lake

During the walk I sighted several Osprey nests, both had several young Osprey in them, which were constantly calling out to their parents, which were often seen circling over the camp ground and the mountain side. I didn't bring my 300mm F4/TC combo, so I didn't attempt to get any shots of the birds (whoops!), but I did get some video, thankfully my video camera has a 400+mm optical zoom lens! Once I get some of the footage sorted, I'll consider putting some clips on youtube and post links here.

The landscape is stunning, which was enhanced as the first afternoon went on, by dark clouds, which lead to some brief thunderstorms. It was too bright out to see any lightning strikes though, so no lightning photography. I took a few dozen shots in all, and many family photos, which will not be seen here. I also took a number of shots on film, which I'll get in a few months as well. I have three other rolls ready, so once this one is done I'll be getting them developed and be able to finish my Nikon F90X review, finally. Here are a few other shots from the trip.

View of the Eastern Nicola Valley

Gather 'Round the Camp Fire

No comments:

Post a Comment