Friday, June 25, 2010

Work in Progress, Photo Tours

June has been a busy month, so I have not been able to spend very much time working on any reviews, but I'm hoping to get those done in July. In fact it is very likely, because I'm planning on taking a bunch of my gear into Nikon for cleaning and adjustments. I've always felt that there might be some focusing issues with my D300, so I want Nikon to check it out while I have my camera in. During the time that I'll have the D300 in for repair I'll be shooting with my F90X exclusively, unless I feel digitally deprived and pick up a used D70s to fill in that gap.

To find out about my ideas for bird photography tours in the Greater Vancouver area read on.

I have a few ideas I'm working on, including starting some photo tours. My goal would be to have a group of four to six people come along for a shoot at the George Reifel Migratory bird sanctuary, Boundary Bay Regional Park, and a few other locations for a day in the fall. The tour would likely be in late October or early November, during the height of fall migration. These tours would likely happen over a few days, or on a Monday. The tours may just happen on Mondays, because many of the popular shooting locations are just too busy on weekends to get good shots, as some birds will not show themselves on busy days. You can get some good shots on the weekend, but it can be challenging if the weather is sunny. With that being said, those interested in such photo tours would need to prepared to go out rain or shine, because nature doesn't wait for good weather!


If anyone is interested in such photo tours please email me or leave a comment on today's post, and I will give details as my plans for the tour develops. I'll post more details about photo tours as they come up. I know some photo tours have a lot of extras attached, like Photoshop or Lightroom training, but I do not use those programs. If some individuals would like to get some details about how I edit my photos in Aperture 3, I would be more than happen to give them some ideas as part of the tour. In general, my feeling about photo editing is that, less is more.

No comments:

Post a Comment