Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Why Take A Break?

After taking a week long break from blogging, I'm back at it again. The last few months have been very busy here on the blog, and to be honest I realized I was spending a lot of time working on it, almost too much. As a result I'm not going to be posting a photo or other posting every weekday, although I'll still be posting at least three or four times a week. I'm also interested in the possibility of having a guest blogger each week, so if you are interested send me an email or leave a comment on this post. I'm mostly looking for people who want to give photography tips or user reviews of gear, more so the former subject than the latter. I took a post holiday season break from photography during part of the last week as well, which was nice to do after testing the Nikon D3100 during most of December. Not to mention taking a few hundred images of friends and family over the Christmas weekend! As a result I have been going through what I would call a photography burn out, which is what led me to take the week off.

The last few years I've spent most of my time focusing on bird photography, but this year I feel that I want to focus more on landscape photography, as I indicated in my goals for the year a week or so ago. Although I thoroughly enjoy bird photography, and wont stop doing that, I want to shift my focus to grow in other areas.

Last year I tested and reviewed a number of cameras, lenses and other accessories, but that is something I wont be doing nearly as much this year. Partly because I've filled the need I had for a point and shoot camera with the Nikon P7000, and the D3100 has taken it's place as my backup DSLR. I going to keep myself to one major photography purchase this year, which could come in the form of a new lens or the D300s or D700 replacement (D400/D800?). As a result, there shouldn't be more than one or two reviews this year unless camera manufactures want to start sending me gear to test (and that is a pipe dream).

No comments:

Post a Comment