Thursday, February 24, 2011

Altering Reality In An Image

As photographers we tend to put a lot of effort into making our images look realistic, in terms of colour and even the feeling of the moment. Of course with today's image editing software you can easily do that, but you can also go in another direction, make the image look unlike what you saw.

A Moon Lit Night?

If you look at this image you might think that it was taken late a night, using the moon to light parts of the forest. One could easily make that mistake, due to how dark the areas of contrast are, but in reality this image was taken at 2:30 in the afternoon. This image is similar to one that I posted earlier this week in fact, and it was a quick high contrast black and white conversion that made this image what it is now. Personally I like to keep a sense of realism in my images, even when I do make some changes like this. You can go much further than that in applications like Photoshop, but I'm not interested in that myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment