Friday, July 15, 2011

Youthful Exploration (POTD July 15)


As I was up on the bird watching tower at the George Reifel Migratory Bird Sanctuary, to watch for predatory birds, I noticed these two girls running along the rocks. It was early in the afternoon so the light was harsh, which made perfect conditions for making black and white photos. The youthful energy these girls displayed, as they threw bird seed to the ducks in the marsh, was what drew me to them. Being above them gave me a chance to get a candid shot, which I likely would not have taken otherwise. I say that I would not normally take this type of photo because photographing strangers is not something I am in the habit of doing, especially children. This angle gave me a chance to capture the energy without focusing on the face or intruding on their fun, which to me is a plus on both counts.

No comments:

Post a Comment