Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Covered (POTD October 11)


Along with the arrival of fall, another guest finds its way back to the Greater Vancouver Area at this time of year, rain. Rain did not leave the area very long, aside from a few warm weeks in mid August and early September, it has been a constant visitor over the course of this year. Recently I decided that I need to go out rain or shine, or my photography is put on hold far too often. I was out walking in the rain, this blessing that comes from the sky, and I was thinking of ways that I could make an image that would be synonymous with rain. At first I tried some typical shots of rain drops hitting puddles, but that just didn't do it for me, I wanted something better. I was feeling stuck for ideas, then I noticed the drops of water trickling down the edges of my umbrella, and the image I wanted came into my mind. The result of that thought process is today's image.

No comments:

Post a Comment