Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Getting The Shot (POTD October 18)


I was out shooting at the Reifel Bird Sanctuary, lamenting that my AF-S 300mm F4D IF-ED was still out for repair, when I ran into this fellow shooting with a AF-S 600mm F4 VR on a D2x. This photographer said he generally shoots wildlife. He'd recently come over from shooting bears in Tafino on Vancouver Island, so bird photography was something new for him. I almost felt like begging to borrow the 600mm F4, for just one shot, or maybe a quick burst! There was some good light and some nice action going on (not so much at this location). Meanwhile I was shooting with the D7000 and 18-105mm F3.5-5.6G VR kit lens, rather than my preferred kit. To put it lightly, I hope Nikon fixes my lens soon, I'm missing some of the best shooting conditions for the migration season. 

No comments:

Post a Comment