Saturday, October 1, 2011

What Is Coming In October

October is one of my favorite months of the year as a photographer, the lovely fall colours come into full effect, and bird migration season comes into full swing as well. Usually by the end of October Snow Geese start to show up along the coast of the Greater Vancouver area, but only time will tell if that is the case this year. My Nikon AF-S 300mm F4D IF-ED is still out for repair with Nikon service, so I might miss part of the the migration season, which would be a little disappointing.

In the next week or so I'll have more photos from my recent visit to Hope BC, and more. I'm hoping to visit Hope again (doesn't that sound funny) before the end of October, as I would love to shoot in the area during the peak of fall colours! I'll also be working on part two of Starting From Scratch In Digital Photography, which is a guide aimed at enthusiast photographers who are looking to step up from a point and shoot camera, but need guidance in terms of camera system choices.


In terms of reviews it will be a slow month, but I have been testing and working on a review of the Nikon D7000, which should be ready in the next three weeks.  The D700 and D7000 do make an excellent team, that much is for sure.

Nikon D7000 + 18-105mm VR and Nikon D700 + 24-70mm F2.8G

No comments:

Post a Comment