Thursday, November 10, 2011

Still Waiting

Fall Heron
As the fall migration season carries on, so does my wait for Nikon to repair my AF-S 300mm F4. As some readers might be aware I first took the lens in during the middle of August, to be checked, and authorized the needed repairs back at the beginning of September. I hadn't heard anything for a while so I called to check on the repair status Tuesday, and Nikon Canada is still waiting for parts from Japan. As some of my more long term readers know, I enjoy bird photography, so this has put a bit of a damper on my fall, in some respects. Of course there are two ways of looking at a situation like this, I could allow myself to get frustrated over the wait, or I can continue to explore other areas of photography. This stint without my telephoto lens has also shown me that I don't need to have a super long lens to get wildlife shots. Sure there are some shots that I'm missing, but there are some that I am getting that I would not have otherwise.

Edit: Irony of ironies, today I got a call from Nikon saying my lens was ready to be picked up (which I did). Looks like a quick call may have bumped up the speed of my repair! 

No comments:

Post a Comment