Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Wednesday Commentary: Photo Sharing Site Pet Peeve

One of the best aspects of the internet for photographers is the ability to quickly and easily share images with friends, family and clients. On an almost daily basis I visit a number of sites, like 500pix.com, looking for images that are inspiring, and simply just interesting to look at. Today I ran into something that is somewhat of a pet peeve of mine though, someone uploaded at least a hundred family photos to the site, clogging up the fresh (new) section. I am used to seeing situations like that on Flickr, which is one of the reasons I started using 500pix, so I was a little surprised to see this.When I started using 500pix last year that almost never happened, but as the site has become more popular, more people are uploading family snaps. Let me be clear, I'm not against people uploading family photos, that's expected on any photo sharing site with free accounts, but it would be nice if people wouldn't do massive uploads all at once, clogging up the "fresh" pages.


Has anyone else run into this lately? Does it bother you at all, or do you just move on? I moved on and skipped many pages, but I'm sure I missed some great photos as a result. Sure there are easy ways of avoiding this problem, like looking at the top rated photo or upcoming sections. That doesn't solve the problem for me though, because I like to find "fresh" images from photographers that don't have huge followings that quickly rank up their images. That is a topic for another day though. 

1 comment:

  1. Excellent post.I want to thank you for this informative read, I really appreciate sharing this great post. Keep up your work.

    <a href="http://instaphamous.com/>Get Instagram Followers</a>

    ReplyDelete