Monday, March 1, 2010

A New Month

February went by like a flash, and here we are at the start of March. Many people in the Greater Vancouver area are still buzzing over the Olympics, but I was out shooting birds and a few other subjects that caught my fancy. It was a cool, cloudy afternoon, which made for great shooting conditions. The light was perfect for most of my shooting today, and I only had to use my flash to capture pictures of a woodpecker I was photographing. I used the flash since the Woodpecker was standing on a tree, with the bright cloudy sky behind it, which was throwing my exposures way off even when using spot metering.

Life On Water
Nikon 50mm F1.8D, ISO200, 1/250s @F8
 
I found these boats and homes floating on the water near the bridge that gives access to Westham Island, and thus the bird sanctuary I frequently visit. The boat in the foreground caught my eye, and then I saw that there were a number of boats between the floating homes behind it, in a sort of line that made the entire image interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment