Thursday, April 1, 2010

I Think I Broke My Piggy Bank... (April Fools Joke)

    So in the past I have talked about not going beyond your means to get a piece of gear, and while that may be good advice, sometimes I find it hard to do so myself. I would have to say that gear lust is something that I deal with, on a weekly basis. So it should come as no surprise to those who have read my thoughts about camera equipment that I went on a big, and I mean big spending spree this week. So what did I sink my meager spending money on? A D3s!!!!!

    Oh and I also got a 70-200mm VRII, I mean what good would it be to have a camera like the D3s and not have a super sharp zoom lens like the 70-200mm F2.8G VRII to go with it? Some of you might ask, why not the 24-70mm F2.8G? The answer to that is simple, I do most of my shooting from a distance, and for everything else, I find my 24-120mm VR does good enough.I will continue to use my 300mm F4 AF-S, until I can get a 200-400mm F4 VR.


    I know I know, it is a lot of money, and I was going to get a D700 replacement next year, but lets face it, go big or go home right? I mean, who would take me seriously without a serious camera right? I've already told a few people about this move, and they want to hire me as a result! The jobs I've been hired for will pay for the camera, in a weeks time! The lens will be paid for in two weeks time, ah the life of a pro photographer! I always thought people who said that camera gear didn't make a difference was true. Who knew that a camera could sell the photographer? Guess this proves those people wrong?
 
PS: Happy Aprils Fools Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment