Saturday, November 20, 2010

First Snow Day Of The Fall

Last night the Greater Vancouver area got a light dusting of snow, and according to the weather forecast more is on the way. I enjoy the cool weather, and the snow gives the world a slightly different look, which is great because I'm still testing out the Nikon 35mm F1.8G. I took a number of shots today, and some of them will be presented in photo of the day posts, during the next week or so.

Alone

Shooting in the snow can be tough, because the snow can throw off your exposure, if you go by the metered exposure that is. The best way to avoid that is to use center weighted metering and over expose by 0.3+ EV or more depending on the scene. When I first was given this tip I didn't think it made sense, but after shooting this afternoon using that technique my photos turned out perfectly exposed.

No comments:

Post a Comment