Friday, January 21, 2011

iPhone 4 Camera Initial Thoughts

I noted on twitter a few days ago that I had recently got an iPhone 4, and I thought I post a few thoughts about the cameras on the phone. There are a lot of posts out there on the iPhone 4's camera, so I don't want to beat a dead horse, but it is new to me so I'm going to talk about it. I'm not going to be doing a review of the iPhone 4, there are tons out there already and this is a photography centric blog.


My first impression is that the rear camera on the iPhone 4 is not anything special, but good for a cell phone. Compared to the cameras in my previous Motorola Razer and Samsung phones the camera on the iPhone 4 is a big step up.  One of the features of the iPhone 4 camera that I do like is the built in HDR feature, which seems to work well. The LED flash on the iPhone is okay for closeups, but not much else from what I can see.

The iPhone's camera cannot compete with my P7000 though, so it isn't going to be something I'd want to use for serious shooting. I'll be posting more thoughts and some photos in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment