Monday, January 3, 2011

Photography Goals for 2011

Another year has arrived, and that means that it is time to not only look to see if I achieved the goals I made last year, but also think about what I want to grow into and learn during the year ahead. My goal last year was to start working on an eBook, and I did get started so I met that goal. Writing that book will not be one that I will finish for several years to come, so one of my goals for this year to continue that project. My other goal was to continue to grow as a photographer, and I feel that I managed to do that as well.

So what about goals for this year? I am planning on going on at least two trips this year, so I will first and foremost be looking to improve my skills as a landscape photographer, because I want to have a good set of images to go along with my eBook. I'm also planning on making another trip to Alberta this year, visiting several of Canada's most beautiful national parks. When I go will depend mostly on the weather, as I'm hoping to go before or after the heavy tourist season (June, July, August). 

Gear wise, I'm hoping to settle down as I like the setup that I have right now, for the most part anyway. At this time last year I was thinking about moving to an FX Nikon body, but based on my shooting habits, and the noise performance of the next generation DX bodies, I don't see any need to do so. I cannot see myself upgrading cameras this year, unless Nikon releases the D400 or a pro DX body. Lens wise I've thought about purchasing the Nikon 14-24mm F2.8G or 16-35mm F4G VR, but any lens purchase would likely be made in the second half year.

No comments:

Post a Comment