Saturday, February 5, 2011

Photo Of The Day February 5

Pilot Boat

I spent a few hours down on the docks in Steveston this afternoon, and the light was great for shooting! I was attempting to take some photos with the Orton effect, which is why I went into Steveston in the first place, but I wasn't overly happy with the results of most of my attempts. In any case I did get a number of nice images during the outing, and some of them will show up in later photo of the day posts.

I usually shoot in aperture priority mode, but this afternoon I shot in manual mode most of time, due to the way the light was fluctuating. Overall I found it to be a rewarding experience, because I wasn't constantly messing around with exposure compensation. For the kind of subjects that I was shooting manual mode works extremely well, and I was rewarded for the little bit of extra work in camera, rather than having to make adjustments in Aperture 3. I did find that some of my shots were not right on the mark, exposure wise, by the 14bit RAW files from the D300 gave me room to work with the files and recover any lost details.

No comments:

Post a Comment