Tuesday, March 29, 2011

At The Beach (Photo Of The Day March 29)

Once A Crab

Yesterday afternoon I went out looking to shoot some things that I wouldn't normally, as I am hoping to expand my eye in terms of creativity and subjects. I also chose to shoot only in manual mode, which I don't normally do (I generally shoot in aperture priority). To help achieve the goal of broadening my horizons, I took a walk along the beach at Boundary Bay Regional Park. Sea life is abundant along the coast in this area, you cannot help but find dozens of shells from various creatures that have fallen pray to seagulls or crows.  I can only imagine the torture that the crab endured as it's attacker broke it's shell and ate it. All that remains now are these broken pieces of a life that was cut short. 

No comments:

Post a Comment