Friday, April 15, 2011

On The Move (Photo Of The Day April 15)

Flight Of The Snow Geese

This spring the Lesser Snow Geese flocks have been moving along the west coast very slowly, most likely due to the cooler than average temperatures. Mid-April is normally about the time that the Geese start to move north in their journey to Alaska and Siberia, but they seem rather content to say here for the time being.

Tomorrow will be a real test for me as a photographer, I'm shooting at my sister's wedding. Thankfully they hired a pro photographer for most of the day, but in the evening it's up to me to get the shots. That is why I rented the 70-200mm F2.8G VR1 for the week, because I knew that I'd need a fast, flexible lens for variable shooting conditions. Hopefully all goes well this weekend, and I might have some interesting shots to share early next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment