Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Still Blooming (POTD July 19)


By this point in the summer many of the natural flowers in the Greater Vancouver have stopped blooming, but these little guys are. I took this shot with the 28-105mm F3.5-4.5D in macro mode, so the bokeh isn't exactly stunning, but otherwise I like this image. I could have fixed the bokeh in post to make it look better, but for some reason that just didn't seem fitting with this image. Sometimes you have to ask yourself the question, "how much editing is too much?"

My answer to the question, how much is too much, is when I spend more than a set of time with each image. To be honest, I dislike post processing, it is a time consuming process that I'd rather not deal with. Of course I also dislike shooting jpegs, since I have been unable to get the results I want from them. Thankfully I have presets in Aperture to speed the process up, so it isn't as bad as it was a three years ago, when I started shooting RAW.

No comments:

Post a Comment