Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Reifel Island Marsh (POTD August 2)


Reifel Island Marsh by Robert Disney (robdphotos)) on 500px.com

Yesterday afternoon I went out for a walk at the George C Reifel Migratory Bird Sanctuary, for a peaceful walk, with my Panasonic GF2. I've been looking for ways to rekindle creativity in my shooting, so I went out to only shoot in black and white, using out of camera jpegs. I changed the default B&W jpeg settings, since they lacked contrast, but after playing around with the settings I got the look I wanted. My goal was to find interesting high contrast scenes and photograph them. Today's photo is an example of what I was working on.  This photo was edited in Aperture 3, where I added a sepia tone to the image. I'm hoping to continue this experiment in the days to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment