Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Coquihalla Canyon 2 (POTD October 5)


Another photo from the Coquihalla Canyon from last week. Here we see the rushing Coquihalla River cutting through the Canyon, continuing to dig itself deeper through the soft rock in the area. The mossy rocks in the foreground are what we had to climb down in order to reach this location, and it was risky to say the least. The rocks were unstable, more importantly wet, and thus very slippery. I think the photos we got down by the river were worth the risk, but I wouldn't go into a situation like this without someone with me to help in case something happened.

I used some new software to enhance the photo, Nik Color Efex 4. I'm trying this software out for a few reasons, I find post processing to be a painful experience, so anything that can help is desirable. Secondly, I've always enjoyed the photos that other photographers have edited with Color Efex, so I figured now was as good a time as any to give it a try. I like the software so far, but it does cause Aperture 3 to crash a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment