Friday, June 6, 2014

Thank's To The Vets (June 6, 1944)


Before photography became a bigger part of my life I spent a great deal of time studying modern history (1900-1980's), it was from this study that I came to appreciate the sacrifice of those who came before me. While I might not agree with everything some of the people did, I understand why what they did had to be done. I do not like the idea behind war, but I also dislike those who would trample on the right of people to be free from oppression and fear. Thus, I want to give thanks to those who came before me, who fought and died so that the freedoms we enjoy today could be possible.

"Never in the field of human conflict was so much owed by so many to so few." ~ Winston Churchill

While Churchill spoke in the context of how the British Royal Air Force protected Britain (UK) from a possible German invasion in 1940, I think it is a fitting statement for the occasion none the less.

No comments:

Post a Comment