Saturday, August 30, 2014

Blog Style Change

For about a year I have used the "dynamic views" available as part of the blogger platform, but switched back to one of the older templates for what I consider an important reason. Why? Dynamic views does not support the use of what are called lightboxes, which in simple terms is the ability to have the images pop up in a box within the same browser window. That means there is no need to open a image in a new tab or window to view at a larger size. Being an image centric blog that is a big deal to me. While the method of opening an image in a new window works, I don't like the process myself. In addition the dynamic views limits the ability to break up a post, so that larger posts don't fill up the main page. As a result of those two issues with dynamic views I switched back to the older format.

No comments:

Post a Comment