Saturday, February 19, 2011

Photo Of The Day February 19

A Stump

Not the most original title for today's photo, but then again neither is the subject. Looking at the width of this stump, and the size of it makes me wonder how large the tree that once stood in this place was. My best guess is that the tree was 400 or 500 years old, but I don't think that is the point of this image. In the forest that I was walking in today, any tree that wasn't living, and even those that were, had plenty of moss on them. One story of the image is that of new life taking the place of an older life (the moss in place of the tree), but there are other stories to be seen here as well. Other stories like, who made the path that lead me as a photographer to come to this place, what caused me to find interest in this old stump, and so much more. If this stump could speak of the people and other things that it has seen, I wonder what it would say.

No comments:

Post a Comment