Tuesday, July 17, 2012

For The Love Of Wood, Photo Of The Day July 17


While out on a photo walk last week with some camera club members I came across a small wooden structure in a garden. I went in to take a quick look and didn't notice anything interesting at first, but then I looked up, at the beautifully crafted roof. Each section of the roof is made of wood from one of the different types of trees that can be found in British Columbia. The use of the different wood is rather creative, although I didn't actually notice that until looking at the image while reviewing it in Aperture.

On a side note, are you feeling stuck photographically? I know from experience that it isn't a good place to be, in fact it can be downright frustrating! I find early to mid July to be the time when I kind of burn out photographically, so I wanted to do something different this year. So what have I done to prevent myself from falling into the image making blues? First, I started shooting with different people, since working with others can open you to subjects that you might have overlooked. Secondly, I went somewhere new, with fresh subject matter. Last, but not least, I've taken some time off to refresh and start thinking about something else for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment