Monday, September 26, 2011

Spider's Lunch

This post contains video, which some people might not feel comfortable watching (a spider eating). If you don't feel comfortable watching that kind of material, don't click on the read more link. 



Late September is a very active time for spiders, as the weather cools slightly in the early fall bugs become more active during the day, which provides them greater opportunities to get food. This short video was shoot during my recent visit to Darts Hill Gardens (mentioned in today photo of the day post). I shot this video with the Nikon D7000 and 28-105mm F3.5-4.5D IF in macro mode. Looking back I think I should have stopped the lens down more, but at the time it was hard to tell if I had enough depth of field or not. I shot the video at 1080p at 24fps and down-sampled the video to 720p after cropping it slightly. 

No comments:

Post a Comment